1930s outfit planning

Recently I went a little pattern buying crazy, and bought some patterns from Wearing History which have had my eye for quite some time.


TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930



1930's fashions were something I thought wouldn't really work for me, as the ideal image of the era was a svelte individual; whereas, I'm about 90% hips and derriere. But I decided to bite the bullet, and attempt to create some garments for myself in a new decade, using some delightful patterns from Wearing History.

First up, we have the 1920's/1930s step-in. Now a step-in also goes by, combinations, teddy, or an all-in-one. Imagine a slip and your tap pants had a baby, there is your step-in.

TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930


I have made a wearable muslin, which is terribly comfortable, so look for the upcoming review of the pattern.

Next we have the darling Tea at Two dress. I believe I've been coveting this since I first discovered Lauren's blog, but I was wary of it, and unsure of my skills. Now that I'm happily graduated with a fashion degree, and more confident, I'm willing to tackle this pattern.

TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930

I'm thinking for brown with white accents, or dark blue and gold accents.

I fully intend to go to the beach at least twice this summer. It's silly, I live close to a couple of beaches here in San Diego, but I rarely go to them, and when I do I go in the off-season. But I think with a nice pair of beach pajamas, I'll be more inclined to lounge about the beach, and search for pretty shells.

TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930


Lastly, I'm going to need some spiffy head coverings. I already know the beach pajamas will have a matching hat, but I'm certain every one of these hats will get made, and be proudly worn.


TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930


As I've written this post, another 30's pattern has been purchased, and now I am looking for some nice striped fabric, or I might play with color-blocking.

TinyAngryCrafts, Wearing History Patterns, 1930


Here you have my new pile of patterns to play with, I can't wait to get to the fabric store!

Have you ever experimented with a decade?
Which of the patterns is your favorite?
Would you wear beach pajamas to the seaside?

Labels: , , ,