The Changing Silhouette of Summer 1935

I have a lovely copy of July 1935's Delinator magazine I purchased from a friend. I looked through it wondering if there was any commentary on the changing fashion, and naturally there is.

"Twelve inches from the floor is the daytime length now"

In '35, a majority of the dresses are becoming collarless, sleeves are becomin larger, and the skirts are dropping from the calf sweeping earlier 30's. I figured I'd share some of my favorite images with you all.













Delinator was a fashion, sewing, and womens interest magazine that ran from 1865-1937, it included Butterick Sewing Patterns in every issue, which is what these lovely designs are.

Do you have a favorite design? What is your favorite era for summer clothing? Do you collect vintage magazines?

Labels: , ,